Pre-1899 Firearms :  AntiqueGuns

Home Page
Pre-1899 Firearms... Generally defined as "Antique Arms" under US rules. Rifles and pistols mostly found here. Shotguns have their own board. Note: Users... Click "Log In" (below) 
SMITH & WESSON 32 CAL 5 SHOT REVOLVER WITH PICTURES
Posted by: minker (IP Logged)
Date: December 02, 2012 05:57PM

My brother recently received a handgun from family estate. I have a working knowledge of hunting rifles and shotguns but I have very little knowledge of revolvers.

DESCRIPTION OF HANDGUN:
1. 32 caliber Smith & Wesson 5 shot revolver.
2. 3.5 inch barrel
3. Nickel Plated
4.Serial number on handle butt is 14339
5. Squeeze safety on pistol grip.
6. Hammer less Revolver.
7. Is a top break revolver
8. Two lines of very small print on top ridge of barrel as best as I can read (I"m 60 yrs old) are as follows:
1st line - SMITH & WESSON SPRINGFIELD MASS. U.S.A. PAT'D FEBY
2nd line - 80TY.DEC18, TY. MAY 11,80 SEPT. 11, 85. OCT. 9, 85. TWO AUG.4,85 r
NOTE: May have missed a few numbers or letters listed above. They are very small.
9.We have "NOT SHOT" this gun, but all parts seem to be working well.
10. Gun does have some spots of oxidation. We have chosen not to clean. If gun has any value this probably should be done by a pro.
11. Have box in which gun came. It identifies gun on side of box and has directions for use on top of lid on the inside.
12. Also included is the cleaning brush.
13. I have attached 6 photos for review.

[http://www.gunvaluesboard.com/smith-and-wesson-32-caliber-revolver-24638039.html#246736]

====================================================================

minker:

Please do not solicit bids for the handgun for which you are seeking information here. If you go back to the home page of this website, you will see the following statement:

"(Please respect our forum sponsor - No Offers to Buy or Sell)"

Our forum sponsor pays for this website - and everyone is free to use it - but also operates the auction services herein.

We "experts" charge nothing for our advice.

My advice to you is to ask questions regarding identification, and you will probably get the answers you seek. Asking for bids is in poor taste.

pikeman

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers!"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2012 06:03AM by nord.

Subject Views Written By Posted
  SMITH & WESSON 32 CAL 5 SHOT REVOLVER WITH PICTURES 2110 minker 12/02/2012 05:57PM
  Re: SMITH & WESSON 32 CAL 5 SHOT REVOLVER WITH PICTURES 1052 C.W. Howard 12/03/2012 12:12PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.